Monday, September 2, 2019

Welcome to Camp Wilson!


Image result for images of welcome camping clip art


Dear Parents / Guardians,                                                            September 2019

      1, 2, 3 CAMP WILSON!  Greetings and welcome back!  This year your child (my new little camper) will be part of an amazing camp - Camp Wilson!  My name is Counsellor Wilson (going with the camping theme) and I will have the unique pleasure of educating and developing your child this year!  I am very excited to meet each one of you and hope to do so at our upcoming  'Meet the Teacher' evening later this month! This is an important night because it is a general overview of our year and expectations, so be sure not to miss it!  I hope you and your family have had an enjoyable summer vacation and are now geared up to experience an exciting year in grade 3!
     I'll begin by telling you a little bit about myself.  My name is Robin Wilson, I live in Belle River and am married to my husband, Sean, for over 16 years. We have an amazing 14 year old son named Carter who will be starting grade 9 this year at Lessor High School.  For the last 16 years, I have been teaching with the Windsor Essex Catholic District School Board in the primary grades.  This is my seventh year in grade 3 - and truth be told, it's the BEST year of all!  Joining in me in Camp Wilson is Connie Marion, our Educational Assistant.  We both look forward to an amazing year together!

 To keep you informed each day, it is crucial that you follow my classroom blog at...

campwilson2019-2020.blogspot.com

Image result for images of parent communication clip art
   This week, you will be asked to sign a permission form that gives me the 'go ahead' to post pictures of your child as they work on a variety of activities and engage in hands on learning. Please sign and return so the blogging can begin!

   I can be reached by phone at the school at 519 972 - 5106  at any of the below times during the school day, or you are welcome to leave me a message at Ext. 8992 and I will be return your call.

  • 8:30 am - 9:00 am
  • 11:20 - 12:00 pm
  • 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Image result for images of student agenda     
     I am also available to meet with you at a mutually convenient time.  Simply write a note in your child's agenda and I will respond the same day. 


     Here are the 'must have' school supplies for this year... apologize if some of these items were not included in the initial recommended list that went out at the end of  last year. 
    Image result for images of school supplies checklist
  • pencils
  • pencil case
  • coloured pencils
  • markers
  • erasers (white preferably)
  • red pens
  • yellow highlighters
  • scissors
  • white glue sticks
  • indoor-only gym shoes that remain at school all year
  • headphones/earbuds for computer class needed immediately
  • white board markers (for your child's use) throughout year
  • kleenex box x 2


     We will have your child write down in his/her agenda when he/she requires additional supplies throughout the year.  The sooner these supplies can be sent in, the better.  Thank you for your cooperation!

 I am looking forward to getting to know your child better and be an integral part of his/her education!  Now, let's gear-up for a strong start in Camp Wilson!


Image result for images of clip art campingSincerely,
Counsellor Wilson

SECRET QUESTION:  Sometimes, at the end of a blog, I will ask a question that can be answered by  your child.  Write the answer in your child's agenda and you can earn your child a ticket to be put into a weekly draw for a prize from my Camping Prize Box!  It's that simple.  Write "SQ =" plus your answer and start earning tickets!  Yes, this is my way to encourage parents to read the blog on daily basis - and no, I am not above bribery!  Happy Reading!

SECRET QUESTION:   
What is our classroom theme this year in grade 3?